January 27, 2009

Lake Bob Sandlin State Park

We found Lake Bob Sandlin State Park on the Texas Parks & Wildlife website.

Camp Site: The camp site was very large, and well secluded from neighboring camp sites. several "premium" campsites are right on the lake with a lovely view. The site included electric hook-ups (for RVers) and a water spigget (which is hidden behind the electric hook-up -- we had a hard time finding it).

Restroom Facilities: The restroom facility was a short walk from the site. It was a very nice and clean facility with 3 toilet stalls, three sinks, and three shower stalls. The water in the shower was nice and hot and the restroom area was also heated (probably a/c in the summer).

Other Activities: Like many of the Texas State Parks, Lake Bob Sandlin offers many hiking trials, fishing, and other events and activities. Because we were there for less then 24 hours, we didn't have much time to check out the other offerings .

Overall Impression: We will definately return to Lake Bob Sandlin State Park. We are eager to check out what the park offers. Both the camp site and facilities exceeded our expectations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss camping. our family camped when we were little kids. its expensive to take 8 people on vacation. my dad's favorite place was on the devil's river so he could go fishing. i remember my mother pulling my little sister out of the water when va would go in headfirst. she was chasing the mudhens. my sweetie doesn't camp. he says he got enough of that in the army. i certainly understand. still,.....

Anonymous said...

Not only is camping fun, it teaches how to live primitively, a useful skill in these uncertain times. I camp occasionally with my Boy Scout son when I can't avoid it. I would enjoy it more if I could find better campsites: ones that were heated and/or air conditioned, had indoor plumbing, and contained a good king-size bed. I do thoroughly enjoy the eating, drinking, and boistrous/obnoxious behavior part.

Anonymous said...

Yall should try Cedar Hill State park. I know, I know it is in Cedar Hill. But we have been there twice and we love it. It is so convenient. It is woodsy and is on Joe Pool Lake. I think you guys would like it too.

--Marisa